Trademarks allow businesses to build an identity and reputation with customers and thereby grow or expand their business. They allow consumers to take an informed buying decision by searching out familiar brand names and avoid bad buying experiences by avoiding the brands they didn't like. It helps to promote the status of your products as ‘Branded Goods’
• Confers upon the owner the exclusive right to use the brand.
• Gives your products a status of ‘Branded Goods’.
• Promotes/increase your Brand Value
• Power to assign/transfer/license the trade mark to others for consideration.
• Protects your mark/ Brand Name from being used in a same or similar fashion by any other business firm, thus discourages others from encasing on your long built goodwill.
• Protects hard earned goodwill and reputation in the business.
• To obtain legal relief in respect of infringement i.e. misuse by others/ unauthorized use of the trade mark.