Copyright is a kind of intellectual property right granted to the creators of original works of authorship such as literary works, dramatic works, musical works, artistic works, cinematographic films, sound recordings and computer programmes. The object of copyright law is to encourage authors, designers, artists and computer programmers to claim exclusive rights to exploit their work for monetary gain.
Different types of work covered under copyright
• Artistic work (i.e. Logo, Monogram, Drawing, Painting, etc.)
• Dramatic and musical work (i.e. Drama, Skit, Play, Stage show, etc.)
• Software / Computer Programme
• Cinematograph Film
• Sound Recording (i.e. Cassette, Compact Disc, DVD, Blue ray or any forms of Recording)
• Web site, Web Contents, Web Templates.
• Work of Architecture (i.e. Blue Print, Plan drawing, Sketch, etc)